+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FEEDBACK - Ladyfisher - November 1, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default FEEDBACK - Ladyfisher - November 1, 2010

FEEDBACK

"...the folks who discover large fish and give up on small ones weren't really fishing in the first place, methinks... "

"I try to live every moment of every day with nothing more on my agenda than to wring the best out of what is right there in front of me."

Fantastic article/response. My brother and I go back and forth on this all the time. He's all about big fish and this method is better than that one, and I try to argue that nothing is really better than anything else, it's just different. Catching big fish isn't any better than catching small one's, it's just different. What it boils down to is how much fun you have doing what you're doing...it's the entire experience, from start to finish, that's what really matters...to me that is.

TT.

Yep. My fishing buddy and I do the same. He's all about BIG fish. I'm all about...fish. To me, any fish is good. Bigger fish ARE more challenging and a better fight. But I'd rather catch small fish than not catch any fish. As things go, big fish are infinitely more scarce than small fish. Who am I trying to impress by catching ONLY big fish?

When we fish together, its a toss-up who will get the biggest fish. But I will nearly always catch more, and have the biggest smile at the end of the trip.

If big fish eat small fish, wouldn't you want to KNOW how the small fish behave, and where they hang out? Odds are, the big ones are nearby!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Blog Entries

If all I worried about was big fish, I would have never caught a fish! The biggest I have ever caught was a 16" Brookie. What's the point if they won't fit in a frying pan?
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread