+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missouri considers felt sole ban

Default Missouri considers felt sole ban

The Missouri Department of Conservation has begun developing regulations that would ban felt soles in public waters. No time line has yet been established.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/st...uthern-border/
    Tim

boo. don't need another expense at the moment and i am still not convinced of the effectiveness of the rubber soles vs. the felt even when the rubber is cleated. have personally talked to several folks who have the cleated style and are not favorably impressed with their performance.

If I fish in Misery, and fall on my patootie because I use Rubber Soles, and break my coccyx, can I sue the state? (Sorry, sometimes the Californian in me gets away)
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

I would honestly like to know why we can't use the felts we have and the stocks that still exist at the manufacturers until they are all used up, IF they are used on a single water course? I own one pair of wading shoes with very little mileage on them, and like many people, I also have a brand new pair(felts) waiting in the wing. I try not to wait for one pair to completely wear out before buying a new (back-up) pair, if I can help it. This does not seem unreasonable to me? And what about someone who has a brand new pair of boot foot waders (felt) waiting to be used? I hope some common sense can be applied so people don't have to be ripped off by ridiculous knee-jerk reactions, when none are needed. These kinds of decisions need to be as painless as possible.Too many decisions/rules/regulations are made so that enforcement is easy, which can result in a bad habit of denying rights to those whom have done nothing and will do nothing wrong/illegal. I feel their are ways to ease into this stuff without harming anyone financially. If I'm way off-base here, please enlighten me! I'm done now!

Best regards, Dave S.

I bough a new pair of Simms G$4 wading shoes this past spring that supposedly have some type of proprietaary sticky rubber sole - sticky my eye! About the ONLY outstanding thing these boots have going for them is their price - at $220 a pair.

Did I say "outstanding"? I should have said "outlandish".

I live on the Yellowstone River during the summer, and as such I do lots of wading. Without studs, wading wiht these rubber soled boots will KILL you in no time flat.

Rubber soled boots surely have a place, if they are studded. However, studded rubber soles have limited applications. (Nobody, for example, fishes from my boat with studded boots on.)

I hope that common sense prevails and the fishing community and industry revert to selling felt soles again soon.

+ Reply to Thread