+ Reply to Thread

Thread: End of the season here

Hybrid View

Default End of the season here

Well it's the end of the season up here (Alberta, Canada) ....snowed yesterday and the temp dropped to 10 below cel.. Ice is forming on the ponds and lakes. I envy all of you to the south.

Come on down bring the rods and the gold card. You will be more than welcome. If you get to Atlanta on a nice weekend, you won't even need the gold card other than a license. I have extra float tubes you would probably think what I think is cold to be balmy.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Or you can head a bit more South and fish here in NZ where it is Spring! I have a float tube you can borrow too.
    All the best.
    Mike

Thanks for the offers ..... saving my cash for a nice Cuba trip in March ... until then ...ice fishing .........had a GREAT fly season this year.... got out about 90 days and the best was 15 days in the Rockies ... fished the upper Columbia in the Kootenays around Radium BC... the only problem was the bears .... but made it through safely... until spring >> keep your lines tight,,,,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Thanks for the offers ..... saving my cash for a nice Cuba trip in March ... until then ...ice fishing .........had a GREAT fly season this year.... got out about 90 days and the best was 15 days in the Rockies ... fished the upper Columbia in the Kootenays around Radium BC... the only problem was the bears .... but made it through safely... until spring >> keep your lines tight,,,,

Shadow.. I think you may need a bit of a lesson in what is avail in your own Province, come down south to SWAB that is - South West Alberta..

I fly fish all year long that is right ALL YEAR LONG and that is in flowing waters..

Check the weather forecast and when they predict a "chinook" pack up the gear and boot it down here hit the ----------- and the --------- for some great fishing !!!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Thanks Flyfishfairwx I am very familiar with the south end ... lived in Barons for 5 years, have a sister and a son who live in Calgary... both 2 blocks from the Bow. Now a days I spend my time in the Hinton area. ... but thanks ....sounds good if the weather works out ....

+ Reply to Thread