I am well screwed up, nothing new. Have read every post and comment on furling on this sight as well as others and am still confused on certain issues. I built a jig from instructions found somewhere on the internet, I think it was Catch Magazine. OK, 8ft board, 2 rows of 1in dowels at given distances, makes approx. 5ft., 3 section leader. Made a bunch from different materials; 6/0 fly tying thread, cheap 2lb mono, GSP, all purpose sewing thread and invisible sewing thread. Some good and some not so good but that's just practice. Also studied 2 excel documents, one listing various formulas and the other thread material specs. Kind of understand how to interpret the the info on materials but the formula info is why over my head.

What have I built? I know different materials will make diff. wt. (strength) leaders, do I have to start hanging increasing weight on them until they break or is there some info available? Also what about changing the number of loops used? Then there's the question of what length and weight leader to use for different fisheries, such as 2 to 4wt, 6.5 to 8ft setup for native brookies or a 9ft 7wt for steelhead.? And of course how to build a different length leader?

What I would find very helpful is if someone with experience will say, "For 2 to 4wt, 6.5 to 8ft setup for native brookies use; material = xxxxx, leader length = x ft, jig set up = first leg x number of sections @ these distances and number of loops, second leg x number of sections @ these distances and number of loops.

If you don't know the answers to my questions or have the time (there are a lot) maybe you could recommend an old fashioned book. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read about my confusion.

John