Thread: Bridges............

Threaded View

Default Bridges............

I've often thought, that if I were a truck driver delivering ice cream, I'd be in deep melted product. I have this problem that I cannot cross a bridge spanning a river without stopping and looking over and most times fishing the water. On our recent trip to Wyoming, our normal driving time was probably extended by 10-15 hours onaccounta my "problem". It started on I -90/94 in Wisconsin at the Wisconsin River bridge and on to South Dakota where I-90 crosses the Missouri River and after 30 bridges and stops ,ended at where Cottonwood Creek crosses the road in Grand Teton NP. All these stops produced maybe 15 fish but sure made the miles "fly by". My best stop ( shhhhh- don't tell anyone) was where the Snake River crosses the John D, Rockerfeller Pkwy near Flagg Ranch between GT and Y'Stone NPs. After settling down in Jackson, we did come back to that stretch and did real well hooking several Browns in the 15" to 20" range.
    There is just something about bridges that is magnetic to me. Lead me to a remote wooden trestle bridge spanning a stream and I'm in .................
    This is a pic of a nice 15" brown taken at the aforementioned Flagg Ranch bridge. As you can plainly see, no fly fishing garb was hurt during the taking of this pic

Of course we all know that when alone, photos are TOUGH to do well. And I'll have you know, these pics are of three different fish. Three of perhaps 15 that were caught and released. None smaller than those pictured.

I just wonder, am I the ONLY one with this "problem"?

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 10-26-2010 at 03:03 AM.