so,i signed up for a casting class because the instructor wanted to help me cast better with my fiberglass rod. and Bonus!!! my son can learn how to fly cast without me killing him. Imagine a red faced pear roaring at a stick " Stiffen up that wrist stiffen up your wrist! aaauuurgh!" But someone else teaching him? he lives and I get to take pictures- Which I forgot totake because I was geeking out over how fast he was catchig on and how wonderful his presentations were. he's got to tighten his wrist... but as skinny as he is.. not a surprise.

it was just three people in the class and it really seemed to be jsut the basics- which is great, I want to cast a woolly with my rod, dang it! NO joy! even though she specifically asked me to bringthe danged to thing to learn on it... didn't have me work it at all... jsut a graphite, I can cast graphite! and having her tellme it was a wonderful cast on a wonderful 6wt TFO rod doesn't help my 4wt fiberglass game!

So, know your teacher before you go out to learn. Know what it is really going to be, and make sure, doubly, triply that you voice what you are expecting and what is expected. Frankly I was fuming... Only thing that brought me to not blowing any noise about it was the excitement from my son. he really was feeling more confident about this fly fishing thing.

Gawd I love being a dad....

Tight lines.