+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Get out there and VOTE!!!

Biggest problem about voting in California is all the nuts vote too.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnarocks View Post
    Biggest problem about voting in California is all the nuts vote too.
    Hey watch it! I resemble that comment... even mine...
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Election day is just hours away!!! Ran across this interesting election-day map (consider the source as some like 'em and some don't!!!).

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...ection-map.htm

Check out the different tabs and see what the current standings are and what the projections are for the results of the 2010 elections!! Gonna be interesting to watch the results come in!

Did my early voting a week ago, early voting is the best thing next to drive thru windows
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

I hate polls! I firmly believe and always have that polls prior to elections should be at the very least shut down one week before any voting.

and.... no poll taking during the day or evening of the vote.... Let all the peoples votes be counted and then publish that in the media....

no more of this he's ahead she's ahead crap ,,,,,,,

Seriously can anyone explain why we do it this way, is it not a deterrent in one way or another?
    I am not the sharpest blade in the drawer but dose it not make sense to put this on a ballet measure
    and maybe make a difference... change they way this is done...

Ok I'm done....

Will be there about 4 tomorrow afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    I hate polls! I firmly believe and always have that polls prior to elections should be at the very least shut down one week before any voting.

and.... no poll taking during the day or evening of the vote.... Let all the peoples votes be counted and then publish that in the media....

no more of this he's ahead she's ahead crap ,,,,,,,
    I agree with you Steve, like I said I love the early voting method but I hate all the posted results prior to the final election. I don't think counted or published votes should be allowed from the time the early polls open to the closing hour on Election Day. Just my opinion
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Quote Originally Posted by popperfly View Post
    I agree with you Steve, like I said I love the early voting method but I hate all the posted results prior to the final election. I don't think counted or published votes should be allowed from the time the early polls open to the closing hour on Election Day. Just my opinion

and a fine and rightly so opinion!

can anybody chime in as to why this is the way it is currently , or is this just another pull over the people ... ?? I am totally frosted over this have been for many years....

Did my civic duty this morning first thing, number 29 in line. Tonight I'll continue my practice of scraping off the bumper stickers as soon as the polls close...I don't believe in gloating if my candidate wins or being a sore loser if they don't.
    The most valuable thing I've learned about fly fishing is just how little I really know.

"With integrity, nothing else matters. Without integrity, nothing else matters." ~ Winston Churchill

My wife and I were the last of the early voter but got it done with no lines. Pretty much had to hold my noise to vote for governor here, both candidates stunk but you can only hope for the best.

My 85 year old Mom is a poll worker in Louisiana. Down there they do something I really like and several things I don't. But for state and local election they have them on Saturday where working people can vote without interrupting their work day. Why do we vote on Tuesday, I think it goes back to travel by horse to and from the county seat.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread