Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
I have been an avid fisherman since I was 7 years old, starting with baitcasting, then adding spinning in my later teens. I am now almost 64 & just got into flyfishing after the age of 50. I gave away all my baitcasting gear & MAY use spinning gear once or twice a year in the salt or fishing deep for walleye & perch from a boat in Lake Erie. I simply have become addicted to the "non mechanical", artistic beauty & simplicity of fly fishing.
Mike
I live on a river a 1/4 mile from Lake Erie and fish the lake with spinning gear like Mike (we almost got out together a couple months ago but 30 kt wind stopped that) Ill troll also for steelhead and walleye or saltwater fish with spinning or baitcasting gear. But I love to flyfish for anything i can catch in fresh or saltwater. I've fished as long as i can remember--- flyfished for 52 yrs and spinfished a little longer than that. I love all kinds of flyfishing from carp, bass and crappie in the marina to tarpon and bones on the flats and from albies to steelhead. I just love fishing.