+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your preferred wading boot?

Hybrid View

Default What is your preferred wading boot?

I am looking for some new wading boots. These will be used with breathable waders in colder conditions ie. steelhead fishing. What is your favorite? Pros/Cons... Any and all info is appreciated

My current boots, which I purchase this past spring, are the best I've ever had... Orvis River Guard Side Zip Brogue Boots with EcoTrax soles. I left a review on the site. http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...subcat_id=6047

I retired my old steelhead boots for these as well. I expect I'll be much happier with these than with my old steelhead boots. There's more room for extra pair of socks. They are the easiest boots to get into and with the studs I don't expect I'll slip on the ice like I did with my old pair or rubber bottom wading boots....and right now I can't afford to slip on anything.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

My next purchase for wading boots will be a pair of Korkers with the twist lace and interchangeable soles, I like the option of changing the soles on the fly. If you are walking down the trail to your favorite fishing hole put on the trail soles, when you get to your spot to fish put on the felts or studied soles. The best part is the cost of each sole set is only between $20 to $30 each set. I am definitely sold on them.

guidedetail.jpgstudfeltdetail.jpg
    Last edited by popperfly; 10-20-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

FlyinCarp

I'm using Koorkers and I love them. Easiest on and off boots I ever had. Going into the third year with these. First pair were their lower end model, only lasted two seasons. Current pair were the highest end and they show no signs of stopping. I love the interchangeable sole system. I have plain felts, studded felts and rubber with cleats. These boots will make 20 - 30 steelhead outings a season, plus 15 - 20 trout outings. Very good product, one fault is they are tough on laces.

PS the first pair were not dead, I gave them to a youngster and they are still in use.
    Last edited by jstraightj; 10-20-2010 at 02:58 AM.

I'm now on my 4th set of boots and they are Korkers. I love them! Much easier to get on and off. Very comfortable. Being able to switch to rubber soles in the snowy months is a big plus for me.

Another vote for Korkers. Put the soles on properly & they'll not come loose. I have lug, felt, studded felt, studded rubber, & studded aquastealth soles & have no complaints. Only issue is that mine are the previous model Konvertibles & I would love to find another set of the studded aquastealth in a size 10...If anyone knows of any available, please let me know.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

anything that fits comfortably. that's the most important thing in my book.

[QUOTE=Mato Kuwapi;389688]My current boots, which I purchase this past spring, are the best I've ever had... Orvis River Guard Side Zip Brogue Boots with EcoTrax soles. I left a review on the site. http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...subcat_id=6047

I agree with Mato. These are great boots! My only complaint is that the laces are a bit long, which I mentioned in my review on the site.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

[QUOTE=anglerdave;389739]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi View Post
    My current boots, which I purchase this past spring, are the best I've ever had... Orvis River Guard Side Zip Brogue Boots with EcoTrax soles. I left a review on the site. http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...subcat_id=6047

I agree with Mato. These are great boots! My only complaint is that the laces are a bit long, which I mentioned in my review on the site.
    LEAVE THE LACES ALONE!! LOL!!! They are perfectly to my liking. It's the first pair of wading boots I've had where the laces are long enough. I can double knot them so they don't come undone and they also help in pulling up the zipper. My tender fingers don't like doing that, especially after they get all cracked from the cold dry air in Colorado or here during steelhead season.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

I must say I am in the market and this is a timely thread, not intentionally to hijack but I am a bit surprised of how many responses included felt soles considering the implications that can arise from fishing multiple streaches of water..

I am looking at zip ups but it will be with some other material other than felt.

+ Reply to Thread