+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Hen Capes

Default Chinese Hen Capes

Quite some time ago I purchased a fly tying lot of material from a member here who could no longer tie flies and in that lot there was a Chinese Hen Cape that looks like it is a chocolate brown color and I have used it for a collar on a fly I am now having great success with. I have looked and cannot seem to find Chinese Hen Capes listed anywhere. I would like to purchase one in the same color for future "ties". The label on this package has, " Gordon Griffiths Fishing Tackle" - CHINESE HEN CAPE - Badger.

Does anyone know where I could purchase Chinese Hen Capes or a very good subsitute?

Thanks for any help with this.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

There are numerous suppliers in the UK that still carry the Gordon Griffiths Chinese hen capes. You could also try Denny Conrad's hen capes. I'm sure he has badger.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Try Mike Houge at eflytyer.com. or goggle Badger Creek fly Tying

Rick

I think these guys had what you want, disclaimer, I don't know anything about them good or bad.

http://www.mwflytying.com/order_info/oi_necks.html
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Rick Z and Uncle Jesse are talking about the same guy. I've made purchases from Mike in the past and got fast service and high quality products every time.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Blog Entries

To all of you who have helped Warren, the brown trout on the Elk River are NOT amused...

Ed

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    To all of you who have helped Warren, the brown trout on the Elk River are NOT amused...

Ed
    Funny reply and quite a compliment to Warren. I enjoyed your response immensely. 8T

Come on Ed, they will let you out of that cube pretty soon and then you can come fish with me and I might even let you use "the fly"!!

Thanks to all for the leads on the hackle. I may be able to come up with something from all the leads.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

FYI, I bought a hun skin from Mike and he patiently answered my many questions via email, very pleased with quality and price, esp enjoy his newsletters.

pillcaster,

I use to get his newsletters at work all the time and when I retired, I deleted all my "Favorites" off my work PC and forgot to get his Web site info, so, now I have it and will "bookmark" it on my home PC and I will probably give him a call on this hackle. Most of the hackle I have found is either barred or speckled and what I am looking for is a solid chocolate brown with no markings on it. Thanks for your help.
    Warren

+ Reply to Thread