RexW,

Before I retired from the local college here, I taught a Beginner's Fly Tying class twice a year. What I thought would only last for about a year, lasted 14 years and it was the most enjoyable class to teach and I miss teaching it since the college no longer offers the class since I retired. There is only one place to get a basic lesson plan and that is right here on FAOL. Go to the home page and in the menu on the left, click on Fly Tying. There you will find Al Campbell's tying lessons. There is a Beginners, Intermediate and an Advanced section. Each section is broken down into steps and it is all you will ever need to put your lesson plan together. The class I taught only allowed 6 students which allows for one-on-one instructions and was held every Thursday evening from 6-9pm for 5 weeks. I furnished all equipment, tools, material and class hand outs for each student. It sure was a great time and you will really enjoy it.

Make sure to check out Al's pages. You will find everything you need right there. Trust me on this......Al was a great person and I sure do miss him.....