While surfing another site I found a very touching article that another fly fisher posted where a good friend had only a few weeks left in this world and wanted his friend to video his last message to his family and this is just a part of it that I feel was very true and I could not have sumed it up any better. I hope this is not infringing on any legal problems. I am not coping the whole thing, just this one part and it does not have any names in it. It is just sort of a list of "rules" on life that I felt were very good and really makes you think about where you are in life and where you should be headed. Some of my friends do not really understand why I fish alone a lot and this pretty much tells it like I could never do. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy fishing with others, but, there is just something about being by yourself in the "other" world that our Creator gave to us that many do not know is there:
  • ? Go fishing when your heart needs too
    ? Give yourself permission to catch fish any way you want too
    ? But remember to sometimes fish however you love the most ??.even if it isn?t the best way to catch fish
    ? Go to streams you have never been too before and truly experience them
    ? Fish your favorite river often enough that
    • o You know a few fish by name
      o You can tell a particular pool, riffle or run by the sound of it alone
      o You have your own rock in the middle that is your own private ?thinking? place
    ? Teach at least one person to fly fish each year
    ? Take the time to stop when you have caught ?enough? and just listen to the river rolling by
    ? When you think you have walked far enough and should start fishing now?.. walk fifteen minutes more ?? at least
    ? Make time to fish with your friends
    ? Enjoy a drink and a campfire with your true friends
    ? But, enjoy a campfire and a stream by yourself occasionally
    ? And lastly enjoy the lights ??. Sunlight, Firelight and Starlight ??? because you never know when they may burn out ???