Thread: Beginner's Only; November Soft Hackle Wet Fly Swap

Threaded View

Default Beginner's Only; November Soft Hackle Wet Fly Swap

Saturday October 16th 2010

The November Swap is a Soft Hackle Wet Fly pattern, I want the member to use either a size #10 or #12 hook for their nymph patterns. Easier to learn on a larger hook size, and move down in size as you become accustom to dressing the pattern.

I am hoping to fill the remaining seats before the end of October, I will be mailing out the mailing envelopes, cardboard fly box for the fly patterns, the toe-tags, CD of just about all FAOL Fly Patterns, as well as the Du Bois and Dett Hackle Gauge Printouts sometime next week. The sooner everyone receives their starting packages, the sooner they can start looking for a suitable pattern and gather together all the required materials to dress the pattern.

If you are not yet a member of the 2010 Beginner's Only Fly Swap (for newbies and those who have never done fly swaps) now is the time to contact me at parnelli@comcast.net. You will be surprised how fast time goes by in these monthly fly swaps. All flies must arrive at my residence before the end of November. This applies to the other monthly swap, where the fly patterns must arrive before the end of the month. You can dress the patterns ahead of time, and then submit them when they are due. Last year the Beginner's Fly Swap got bogged down with late submissions, and no answers when member were send emails to clarify their situation. We ended up with the April Fly Swap at the end of May.....

2 weeks to the start of the November Fly Swap, and I would like to have all seats filled before that happens! ~Swapmeister Parnelli

PS: There is more information on my original posting on the Swap Board on October 1st.
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 10-19-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Updating remaining opening for Beginner's Only Fly Swap