+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADAPTING - Readers Cast (Mike Thomas) - October 11, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default ADAPTING - Readers Cast (Mike Thomas) - October 11, 2010

ADAPTING

If you fly fish you are by your very nature adaptable. You may be a hide bound dry fly fisherman who refuses to try any other kind of fly fishing but you are still adaptable. Think about it, if you are fishing a pale watery dun and not catching fish you may try a Greenwell's Glory or even a Royal Wulff.

Default Adapt or be prepared for failure!

One thing I learned from fishing, is that those that think they know all they need to know about fishing, are only fooling themselves.

Chinese Emperor's always had a fisherman as one of the court consulars, because only a fisherman has the understanding of life forms that live beneath the water surface.

If at first you don't succeed, you are doing something wrong! What you did last time fishing, most likely not work this time. Everytime on the water edge is a new experience, where all the rules have changed.

Adapt to the the every changing life on the water's edge, or be prepared for failure, if you have failed you have not learned! When I go fishing I never assume anything, I come prepared for failure, and I carry enough various options, to change my presentations to the fish, so I soon come across something that works. ~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread