+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The East Tennessee Gathering Report

Hybrid View

Talking The East Tennessee Gathering Report

A grand total of 27 members and spouses attended this "First Annual" East Tennesse Gathering. I say "First Annual" because it will happen again next year, same time same place!!
    We had picture perfect weather with temps in the 80's but the high point was watching the early morning sun burn the haze off the Smokies while having that second cup of coffee. Sorry but you can"t take a picture of that, it must be seen first hand.

Here is the only photo I got of the fishing before someone snuck up on me and threw me down in the river!! (Being as sure footed as a mountian goat I'm positive I was pushed!!)

That's "liljoe's mother Debra, her son (and new member) "Liljoe" and Warrenp beating the Little River to Froth! It turned out to be a "Creek Chub" day but beautiful none the less.

I know that there are a lot more fishing photos to be posted so don't be bashfull.

All in all on a scale of 1 - 10 the fishing was a -2 but the rest of the outing was a 10+!!

Donat, RonS81 & Bobbyg at the Meet & Greet.

hungNtree's wife Dana, Jeff, Kevin and Warren setting out the food. Well, Dana and Warren setting it out, Jeff and Kevin waiting to dig in!! A big thank you to Dock's Motel for the very large cheese tray they provided.

hungNtree, son AJ and Warren. If AJ looks like he's about to get into mischef - he is!! To bad there's not a way to tap into that energy!!

Gigmiester holding forth on something or other!

He put on an outstanding show for us Saturday evening and I hope we can get him back next year.

Nice report, Jack. Thanks for the photos. Nice to put a face to the name. C'mon, folks, where's the rest of the pictures?

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I had a great time. Got to meet a lot of people from the board, had some great food, great entertainment ( from Gigmeister ) and lots of fun fishing. JohnR, Popperfly and Bobbymojo wore me out Sat. though.

Popperfly and bobbyg rigging up.

Popperfly staulking fish

Last edited by rons81; 10-11-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

good thing y'all didn't have fun.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Common guys...it is Bobbymojo not BobbyG.

What a great trip!! I am so happy to have met all those that attended and got the opportunity to fish with RonS, Popperfly and JohnR. The generousity and kindness of the people I met made this trip wonderful.
    Thanks to Jack for getting this thing going.

Here are the few pictures I took during the gathering.

Jack and the infamous sign..
    Attachment 6108

Ron, Kevin and Jack....
    Attachment 6110

One of the places we fished.
    Attachment 6109

Forgive me Bobbymojo! I'll get it right from now on. Must have been the blow on the head when attacked and thrown in the river!!

Bobby, the links don't work.

I was in town but with my family and just couldn't get any time away. I'm sure I saw some of you guys fishing. Daniel and I spent most of the days Saturday and Sunday up above Metcalf Bottoms and on the Middle Prong. On Sunday, we went up high after brook trout at about 4,000ft elevation. We only saw one other fisherman that day and he came up behind us and moved on somewhere else. We saw a LOT of fishermen up by Metcalf and on the Middle Prong.

There were more fishermen this weekend than we've ever seen in the park and I assume some of them were you guys.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Default Part 1

We sure had a good time at "The Gathering"! Its always good to see old friends and meet new ones. As several have said, the fishing was fantastic... the catching left a bit to be desired. But, the more important thing is the fellowship we had.

We arrived Friday morning about 10:15-ish at Docks Motel.

Discovered that kaboom1 and Fatbill and their wives had come and gone already. We were looking forward to seeing these gentlemen again and to meet their wives. Hope Mrs. kaboom1 recovers quickly!

Jack hadn't arrived yet, so... being fishers... we went behind the motel to the Little River. Donat was on the water already.

He said that WarrenP was just down the bend.

The water sure looked great!!

Default Part 2

When we came up from the water we found that Jack had arrived and moved the sign over to the big cabin.

Jack Hise:

Friday evening was the "Meet and Greet" in the big cabin. Great food and a chance to meet everyone.

gigmaster:

A view toward the kitchen/dining area. gigmaster, Donat, Mrs. Donat and bdesavage:

bdesavage:

WarrenP:

popperfly, RonS81 and WarrenP:

Default Part 3

bobbymojo and hungNtree:

bobbymojo:

In the morning it was a bit cool and there was fog in town and on the water.

Toward Townsend:

Toward the Great Smoky Mountain National Park:

Mrs pillcaster, hungNtree's young'un, and Mrs hungNtree:

Decision time -- where do we go???

Several of us headed to the Park - Tremont for the morning and then Elkmont in the afternoon.

popperfly:

bobbymojo:

+ Reply to Thread