+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluffy Nymph

Default Fluffy Nymph

Was experimenting with some mini chickabou I picked up from Ebay auction. Really nice small grizzly marabou all different colors

Tied up a small "fluffy" nymph all tied from the fluff scrap from the mini bou material, tail, dubbed body, some flash and tied the hackle fibers with a dub loop sweeped back. This is on #8 lite wire 90 degree jig hook and x-small conehead.

Enjoy

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

that looks like some candy for the bluegills! nice tie mickalo!

Jordan

Thanks Jordan. I was kinda thinking the same thing Hopefully it may produce some action. At least it was fun to tie it.

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

looks good, how fast does it sink, i'd bet it would catch trout in some of our maine streams and rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Derik View Post
    looks good, how fast does it sink, i'd bet it would catch trout in some of our maine streams and rivers.
    I haven't been able to field test it but tested in the sink and it sinks fairly quickly with the cone head. may tie up a couple with some additional lead wraps behind the cone. I like the action of the chickabou really flows nicely.

Thanks,

Mike

Nice tie...I can see that working for trout easily..it could represent a crawfish, sculpin, or just a nymph. All that "fluff" should make it look alive. Did you use the marabou for the dubbing as well?

Mike

Yep the entire fly was tied with this chickabou, except the flash and cone head

I took some of the longer fibers and put'em in a dubbing loop to form the hackle, swept back.

Mike

Great minds! I had tied this up on Saturday... tied on a microjighead of @ 1/100 oz.
    DM_ChickabouFluff_microjig.jpg
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Nice tie Dave.

I picked up a bunch of these jig hooks awhile back and thought I'd experiement with them. Took some of them and bent the eye end so they where more of a 30 degree bend and tied on some small bead chain eyes. Great little panfish hook.

Mike

That's great about the beadchain eyes! It looks like those hooks work really well with the cones, too. Looks fairly weedless, and keeps the hook riding point-up.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread