+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need advise - what fins for float tube?

Quote Originally Posted by ol' blue View Post
    Just be sure you have tethers to go with your fins. It is a cheap insurance policy.

I have a pair of fins, and a pair of heel cup things with paddles on the outside. You swing your legs and they move you forward instead of backward. I don't recall the name, but they have their merits, too.

You are going to be ready for the Bluegill fish-in next year, aren't you?
    I sure hope to have used it by then. I'm kinda slow in getting all the accessories acquired.
    Tim

For the tethers just go to a $1 store and pick up some nylon dog collars..the ones with the plastic buckle snaps...they work great and the price is right....

BTW the valve you pictured ...I forget the name...but their claim to fame is that they are capable of blowing up by mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    For the tethers just go to a $1 store and pick up some nylon dog collars..the ones with the plastic buckle snaps...they work great and the price is right....
    Another good tip to investigate. Thanks.
    Tim

Blog Entries

The other gadgets I was talking about are called paddle pushers. I don't think they are made anymore. Some like them, some hate them.

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/1532...ws/reviews.htm
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

I use the Caddis fins like these http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4...Tube-Fins.html.
    Wear them over my size 12 boots with no problem. Cost effective. They float, so no retaining strap required, but they cinch up well, never had one come loose. I did over tighten one and broke the metal strap buckle, but all in all, very functional and have stood up to heavy duty wear. I'm sure they're not as great as the Force Fins, but for $150 difference they're plenty good enough for me.

Force Fins!

I started out float tubing with them, and was shocked when I tried a pair of 'regular' fins last summer. Ugh!

I don't need no stinkin' retainer dongles with Force Fins.....they stay on even if the giant muskie chews your heel strap off. Never found any other fin that can do that.

DANBOB

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    I got me a couple of large reflective dog collars from the dollar stored to wear as a belt when I walk in the early morning, don't want to be road kill, the buckles break pretty easy on them, just don't put too much trust in them although the probability of losing a fin and breaking a buckle at the same time are probably not that high.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread