+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo bucket

Hybrid View

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Default Photo bucket

I have a bunch of old slides. Would like to download old slides, just not sure how. Very limited on this type of tech.
    Anyone with any info ?? Hate to loose these pics. Any help very much appreciated

Thanks in Advance
    Mark

Normand Guest

you would have to somehow put them on your computer before you could download to photobucket.

you may need a slide scanner to get them to your hard drive, then to photobucket.

you could send them out to be scanned

http://www.fotobridge.com/?utm_sourc...Fd9n5QodXDULjA

or find a photo shop in your area that would do it
    Last edited by Normand; 10-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Strange board to put a question on......how about "Fly Anglers Online" board? or Sound Off.....me figures this board is for items people want to purhcase. No biggie....just sorta saying.....seems in wrong place to me. There was a period of 3-4 years where I NEVER looked at the things wanted board. You might get more help posting this elsewhere.

Apologize for sticking my nose in it. I usually get my head handed to me on a silver platter when i do this.......stick my neck out when not necessary....and C H O P C H O P!

Normand Guest

he did "WANT" information on how to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    I usually get my head handed to me on a silver platter when i do this.......stick my neck out when not necessary....and C H O P C H O P!
    then why do it?

Many Costco stores offer a slide scanning service that will scan slides and create digital jpg files burned to a CD that can be read by a computer and many DVD players. Price at my local Costco is 25cents a slide. For a one time process this is usually less expensive than buying a slide scanner and the results much better than you can get with an inexpensive consumer slide scanner. Also, as already noted there are a number of photo labs which will scan the slides and return them along with a CD with the images. If there is not a lab nearby, there are many across the country that you can send the slides too.

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Thanks for all your replies. I was hoping there was a less expensive way, as I have quite a few reels. Gonna have to bite the bullet lol lol

P.S.
    I apologize if I posted in wrong area, no intentions to offend anyone. Again sorry

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    Strange board to put a question on......how about "Fly Anglers Online" board? or Sound Off.....me figures this board is for items people want to purhcase. No biggie....just sorta saying.....seems in wrong place to me. There was a period of 3-4 years where I NEVER looked at the things wanted board. You might get more help posting this elsewhere.

Apologize for sticking my nose in it. I usually get my head handed to me on a silver platter when i do this.......stick my neck out when not necessary....and C H O P C H O P!
    Hi Gemrod,

Placing the photo request here is just another example of different cognitive organization and cognitive styles. We all organize stimuli differently according to our past experiences. What makes perfectly good organizational sense to one person may seem complete wrong to another. Don't worry my friend, I don't think there will be any head chopping today. 8T

There are "you purchase em" converters that for about 100 bucks you'll be able to copy the slide and save it to your computer, or burn it to a disk. Pretty kewl, relatively inexpensive (when you think on the individual slide cost at Cosco), and when you find more old slides, or your fishing buddies do, you'll have the converter handy!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Did a little searching on Amazon, found this one for $90 and has very good reviews to boot. Something to keep in mind: http://www.amazon.com/Epson-B11B1930...lp_edpp_ttl_in

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs View Post
    Hi Gemrod,

Placing the photo request here is just another example of different cognitive organization and cognitive styles. We all organize stimuli differently according to our past experiences. What makes perfectly good organizational sense to one person may seem complete wrong to another. Don't worry my friend, I don't think there will be any head chopping today. 8T

I vote 8T for Our official FAOL shrink , his response at least sounds down right sensible...
    Now to find out if he has a comfy chesterfield
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 10-10-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Cheers 8T
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread