LEt's start with the reasons for sishing today- my lady busted her herself up in a car accident and I have to drive her because it's painful for her to move her neck.

Let's start with who was skunked. My son- with two rods, a heavy 7 foot catfish slayer, and his 8 ft black Ugly stick with awide assortment offlies. he picksim, he slings im. he's pretty independent. Me. Fly fishing all the way with my fiberglass herter's rod.

Who scored big- My TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!

We dropped off Mommy at the office and ranoff to Tempe Town Lake and met up with a friend of mine who has a boat. my daughter and i went in the boat and my son wanted to do his own shore stalkingthing on the shore, docks and fishingbridge. Fine... off he goes, we get into teh boat and take off- by that I mean we're rowing out until the electricmotor can't be heard. The boat is wierd, the trollingmotor he has is built into the bottom of the boat and stillhas the foot pedal all that... jsut.. not on teh front orback to dropdown-I think it's weird.

My daughter, as I said, loves fishing. She uses the top two sections of a 3piece 6wt martin cheapo tenkara style. and her bait was a San Juan. She would flip itout and watch it sink, making the worm twitch on it's way down, then she pulls it out, whips it back then shoots it back to the water. I was using a tinsel thing tied like a furled tailed leach. pounding the shores and such, bring it in whipping itout.. lots of fun.

Well I got a shoadow on the fly, it was following it, but not striking. I gotitnearlytothe boatwhen it sawthe flourescent orange san juan twitching at the endofmy daughter's line, and as shewaspulling it out to recastit struck. HARD. my bby lurched forward,teh rod took a great "U" shape and then she spoke. " oh My! Fish!" Fish alright, after she jerkedit and held on tight as she could we got aneton it and pulled itout. 32 inches of northern pike. In a lake that is supposed to ahve catfish, bluegills bass and rainbows.

sc003b854d.jpg
I think she's hooked. and my buddy is ' so gettin a TFO'.