no, I am not holding out, yes she did ask me, and yes, I was in Larmie until I was eleven and my first journeys to teh rushing waters to fish ws in teh sweetwater outside of Rock Springs where my grandfather was the rector of St. Andrew's Episcopal, and The Big and LIttle Laramie rivers, while my father was getting his bechelor's in education at UW.

I never caught Jack... my dad only took me along becaue he was fishing, so no real lessons...

I keep thiking abt how nice it would be to take my son up through the rivers and streams of Wyoming so he could see where it was I learned how to start a fire, what crawfish were, and how to successfully navigate a river waist high while trying to coax a garter snake out of your swimming trunks ( That's a long story and no.. there was not a dare involved the danged thing was out for a swinm and wanted a rest i guess....)

my rivers are not the VErde River and the Salt River, which are undeniably gorgeous, as I found out this past week when I took my parents fishing- didn't get in though because my dad forgot his wader boots. and I don't fish with waders, only a kilt and my gear... I'm poor dang it!!! took them to my lakes though, he complained that it wasn't his type of fishing and that his sage 3wt couldn't ever fish in an urban pond right... ( I htink he should talk to RickZ and some other warm water boys tha would loudly disagree)

So I have no pictures of the Gila trout or the Apaches, rainbows, cuttys or browns that we were going to stalk. NOr of hte pikeminnows or other varying finned fanatics that would like to swallow our offerings. I did catch a juvenile bucketmouth. was only about 8 inches long and fiesty as all get out, but alas, poor yorak forgot his camera andthe phone camera was crap....

Today was carping in my canals... Got bupkiss... I am seriously researching carp flies and tactics. These things are so easily spooked it makes trout seem fearless.... The challenge has been issued- yeah, I know they are carp.. but dang it! I se them! I watch them ignore the furtailed leech and the soft hackles and emergers like they are the plague, and if I false cast anywhere over the water they sprint! Man or man.... Gauntlet recieved...

Game on yaugly bastards!