Went to the doc today to follow up on my last set of labs. We are gaining on the thyroid nicely but my diabetes is getting worse. I am going to try another change in diet and exercise routine. Also bought a new meter that should help us track things better. Check it out here:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...sku=sku6007598

Mail ordered it today. I am kind of caught in a vicious circle here. The thyroid caused me to gain weight, that increased the stress on my deteriorating back and also has driven the diabetes the wrong way. As mentioned the thyroid is finally coming under control but I am having to start all over again improving my physical condition through walking/hiking. It has taken it's toll with the legs going numb along with nerve pain from the mid thoracic area to the ankles. Doc says I have until November 3rd to get the A1C back down or I will be on insulin (currently I am only on Metformin).

Didn't mean to whine but I know some others here are diabetic. Thought they might like a heads up on that meter. Most stores want $50-70 bucks for it. Walgreen's has one heck of a sale price there. The meter should help me keep better track of my blood glucose than my old one does. I am going to use that as pert of the motivation to get better. Besides, fall/winter really is my favorite time of the year for those brisk hikes/walks in the crisp air.