+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know about a Fly Fishing Club/Organization in the Delaware Region?

Question Does anyone know about a Fly Fishing Club/Organization in the Delaware Region?

Hi all,

I'm a very new fly fisher and tyer wannabe. I started and stopped for the first time about 15 years ago and got frustrated and decided to give it up for awhile. This summer, my wife (bless her) saw a vendor at our local creekfest (White Clay Creek) that had a fly tying booth and casting demonstration. She pointed it out to me and I was summarily hooked again.

I'm less frustrated this year with the help of my local outfitter, White Clay Outfitters, but I was wondering if there are any of you on this forum that are familiar with the White Clay Creek area? I am looking for a group or club that does outings and tying sessions, etc. in the Newark/Wilmington, DE area.

Thank you for your time.

Dave (WCCNovice)

Dave,

Might want to check out A Marblehead Flyfisher in Centreville; looks like a decent shop. I'm sure they'd help plug you in to the local scene. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Regards,
    Scott

Call Barry Staats or Mary Kuss at the Sporting Gentleman in Media, PA. While it definitely isn't Wilmington, if anybody knows, these two do.

Good luck!

4. Default

There is a Delaware State TU Chapter in Newark, DE. Here is a link to the TU site. Type in your zip code and the info should come up.

http://www.tu.org/about-us/council-chapter-contacts

Thank you for the link. For some reason I didn't think about TU. I'll check them out.

There is, or at least used to be a club in Delaware that held monthly meetings in the Lewes area. I believe they were called the Saltwater Anglers of Delaware.

+ Reply to Thread