+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Member status?

I bet his member status got reset when they changed to the new board. I think that happened to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by salt_flytyer View Post
    I think it is obvious, you have been here 6 years but only have 12 posts . You need to find a group that no one reads (especially mods) and post about 1000 posts in a day.
    Wet wadin' hillbilly extraordinaire

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.

Heraclitus

I think it is mainly based on how much b.s. you post. The more b.s. the higher your status.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

ENOUGH I GOT IT!!!
    THANK YOU
    John

I have been a member of Fly Anlgers OnLine since October of 1997. Back then I was a Newbie, today I guess that I am a Older but not much Wiser Angler, or am I? ~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 10-08-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jstraightj View Post
    Anyone know how member status is determined (junior vs senior vs member)?
    Thanks John
    John, I think it may be 20-25 posts when you go from Junior Member to "Member" (not completely sure of the number) and then at 100 you go to "Senior Member". I am a Junior Senior, so I still feel inclined to be helpful! lol
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbaSurf View Post
    John, I think it may be 20-25 posts when you go from Junior Member to "Member" (not completely sure of the number) and then at 100 you go to "Senior Member". I am a Junior Senior, so I still feel inclined to be helpful! lol
    This is pretty close. It was my thought that you went to Member status at 30.

We did kind of run with this one. I know it was an innocent question, but it was SO much fun to load with other meaning. You think this is bad, wait until winter sets in and we are all afflicted with the shack nasties!
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Speak for yourself John Hancock! (aka Kevin) I for one NEVER suffer the Shack Nasties!
    We did take liberties with Johns question, and rather than apologize, I'd tell him, "Thank you!" It doesn't matter how many posts, or what you are listed as, as long as the MAIN listing is "family". Glad to call you that.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

kbproctor, you're right. hehe, and I definitely didn't notice that there were two pages of threads after the original post!
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Speak for yourself John Hancock! (aka Kevin) I for one NEVER suffer the Shack Nasties!
    We did take liberties with Johns question, and rather than apologize, I'd tell him, "Thank you!" It doesn't matter how many posts, or what you are listed as, as long as the MAIN listing is "family". Glad to call you that.
    Betty
    You are right, Betty, as always.

The next part is WAY off topic, but not much of this thread was on topic so here we go.

As for the John Hancock comment, when I bought my first house oh so many years ago, the closer told me to "Put your John Hancock here, and here, and here..." so I did. I signed every spot with "John Hancock". The mortgage company was not very happy with me or the closer after I told them why I signed that way. The re signing, after making up all new paperwork, remembering that computers were not here to just spit out anther copy, happened about 2 weeks later and cost them a quarter point on the interest rate.

The closer never used that phrase again.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Quote Originally Posted by sgallas2 View Post
    LOL. Betty, my wife is a cheez-its addict.

Best,
    Steve
    This must be a girl thing. My 5 year old daughter is addicted to Cheez Its. Yesterday before leaving for Kindergarten she said "daddy are you going to Target?" "If so buy me a box of Cheez Its."
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread