Just returned from the MW FF Expo. WOW!!
Fly tying by Lefty Kreh, Joe Humpherys, Bob Clouser, Jerry Regan, Chris Helm and John McLain.
Casting demo's by Lefty Kreh, Bob Clouser and Joe Humpherys.
Book Signings by Dirk Fischbach,Bob Clouser and Ted Fauceglia.
Had lunch with ohiotuber, kaboom1, bdsavage and wife Jene, fatbill, Jim Flamming and 2 good friends from Evart.
We all welcomed our (may I say our?) newest sponsor "Stone River Outfiters" and received a nice hat too boot! Great bunch of guy's. Great products! Very, very busy all day! [url=http://www.StoneRiverOutfiters.com:b1623]www.StoneRiverOutfiters.com[/url:b1623] Get a catalog!
I touched many, many Bamboo rods but found that firmly imbeded eye teeth in my lip quelled the urge to slap down the plastic.
Chatted with Rusty Gates who thinks he still has 2 rooms left for the Fish-In. Warned the guy's from "Spikes Keg-O-Nails about the week of Aug 14th.
Met Bruce W Richards from SA who knew of me because of the Eagle Village Fish-In and will be getting some of the new Re-connectors to try.
Lots of vendor's and outfitters but very few tiers. Lots of great deals on supply's and equipment!!
Ohiotuber and I were the roving ambassador's for FOAL! I hope we did JC & LF proud!
Most of you don't know yet what it's like to attend an event like this and see/meet some of the terrific people from this site.
Of course ohiotuber walked up behind me and made a remark about the "Old People Here"!! And there was Kaboom1 with fatbill!! bdsavage had a big FAOL tent on a table in the food service area and it drew us in like fly's!! My 2 friend's were very impressed by the comaradie and shared many, many lie's....er...story's over lunch!
This was only my second Fly Fishing Expo and I was again overwhelmed, so please forgive the wandering/fragmented report.
I want you all to know you were there with us!!

------------------
Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 18 March 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 19 March 2006).]