I grew up in the Perdido Key area. Just go down to the Gulf Islands National Seashore on the eastern end of the island. Drive down the road until you see a good looking area on the inshore side and wade out until you can cast into 3'+ of water and you'll catch redfish, speckled trout and flounder. Target areas with grass and sand holes. the biggest trout like to lay right outside of a sand hole and ambush unsuspecting prey that wander into the open. I've spent countless days fishing this area and there were very few times I did't catch fish. I've even caught a few grouper in the 12 to 16" range along this stretch along with some black (mangrove) snapper. A good starting point is to drive all the way to the end of the road and then walk directly down to the water. There's a big sandbar there that goes off to the east, and I used to fish the western edge of it all the way out to the end. I was fishing with finger mullet one day and right as I stepped into the water (it gets deep right off the bank if you aren't on the sandbar.) I pitched one into the hole there and immediatly hooked up with a jack cravalle that peeled 150 yards of line off my reel before I clamped down and broke him off. I'm sure I was headed for a complete spooling. There are also spanish mackeral around this time of year, so expect a couple of cut offs. Have some 17# seven strand handy if they get too aggressive. Use a 6" piece as a bite tippet. You can tie it basically like heavy mono when you use the 12 or 17#. Man I wish I was going with you! I won't be back down there until Christmas. NO wading by then, but there'll still be plenty of fish to catch.