+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Sowbug 2006

Default The Sowbug 2006

What a great time...

I got to meet alot of people..

Denny it was great to finally meet you and bs for a bit... Next time my friend.. we will have to fish together

Harry Boyd... You make some really nice bamboo rods.. I got to cast one of them outside... First time ever holding a bamboo or even casting one... It was very nice and the casting was just as smooth and slick as the rod itself... Thank you

cctyer.. It was great chat with you.. lets hook up someday on Taneycomo..

Parrothead.. Nice to have met you.. I know we were tying at the same time but next time we will spend more time BSing..

(did you guys ever get those flames put out from them seahorses??) damn good stuff!!

Maddog.. it was great putting a face to a name.. enjoy those bug.. and tell me if they work for you.. someday.. we need to fish together!!

Antron.. You and Your lovely family.. I enjoyed meeting you both!! Next time buddy we have to go night fishing

I know I meet alot more of you all there.. just that I meet so many cant remember them all

And the fishing on the White River was Great!!

[This message has been edited by Night Angler (edited 19 March 2006).]

Just to put in a few "adders". "Denny" Conrad did FAOL proud, was a great representative for the web site as he was for his own fine product. Unfortunately, because of his busy schedule, we didn't get to do our normal dinner date at Club 178.

Old Parson Harry had a great show, with a surprize customer that showed up out of the "blue", and bought not only a rod, but Harry's new reel and line to go with it!! Go Harry!!!! Harry missed dinner as well because of fishing pressure.

Basye and I tied Sat. morning, and that will be a repeat situation for the years to come. She has put off her normal introversion and really enjoyed the stint at the bench in front of people... of course having a few ladies sit down and ask questions didn't hurt either.

We both had a great time fishing! The White was not generating the whole time, and we were 200 yards walk/wade from our fishing spots from the Airstream. Basye did well, and I got into some "dead serious" fish. Top fish of the trip was a 20-22 inch 'bow, thank you very much!

If you are anywhere close to Northern AR in the middle of March, this is a wonderful way to dust off that "cabin fever". Very reasonable accomodations, friendly people, and good fishing are a combination that is hard to beat.

Petri Heil

Ralph

Hey Leonard, I had a great time and would love to hit Taneycomo with you when it's not to crowded. P.S. your bacon wrapped jalepeno stuffed shrimp were excellent. I also had a great time meeting fellow FAOLers and other new people as well as seeing some old friends.
    The show was very nice and I plan on going next year for sure.

The fishing was fantastic. I fished with Big Willy and we tore them up on friday between roundhouse and armstrong hole. I landed over 50 that day alone and Willy almost 30 nothing real big but very heavy shoulderd rianbows that keep you on your toes and gave my 4wt a work out but good.
    I caght most of the fish on a grey epoxy back scud and I mean the same one. I also tore them up on a pattern I call the Dena it is an olive bugger variation and also olive sculpin immitations on the swing were deadly.

I learned a great caddis pattern from Davy Wotton and got to chat with him quite a bit.
    Saw some incredible tyers and flies also.

Like they said earlier Denny has some great feathers for a very reasonable price and I am glad I ran out of money or I would have more than I could ever use.

Thanks for a great time! Chad

+ Reply to Thread