I took AJ fishing Tuesday evening. I rigged him up a "fly"rod with a old conventional rod I had. Some old fly line tied to it and he had the makings of a fly rod. I tied him on an ant pattern and he went to casting. He was hung in a tree before I could get started. He's a real chip off the block. I was tying on a green weenie when he yelled, "I got one, Daddy!" Sure enough, he had caught a little bass. He was thrilled. So was I.
I read about a green weenie at littleriveroutfitters.com in preparation for the East TN gathering. I have to admit, I was skeptical, it didn't look like much of a fly, but I completely lost count of how many fish I caught on that fly. I caught, bass, sunperch, one carp, and a bunch of what we call chubs. They are sort of a large minnow, I'm not sure what the real name is. After AJ's bass, he mostly threw rocks, played in the mud and chased minnows. I'm not sure why, but he is determined to catch a minnow with his hands. As long as he's having fun then I don't care.

hNt
PS, Sorry, I forgot the camera.