+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TELLICO RIVER / BALD RIVER , Cherokee National Forest TN.

Default TELLICO RIVER / BALD RIVER , Cherokee National Forest TN.

Posted a question a few weeks ago about this area but didn't get any replies, maybe most folks are more familiar with the Smokie Mountians. But Brother-in-Law and I had it in our hearts to go to Tellico area and give it a try, seeing as we are both novice trout-fishers what harm could it do. The wives (sisters) brought along the corn and bread balls to try their hand too. We found the area to be really good as far as we were concerned and a challenge. B-I-L doesn't have much experience at small stream casting and the trees and small pools etc. gave him a bit of trouble. Last stocking had been around Labor Day for these streams so the bait fishers had beaten us to most of the fish, still we managed about 10 to 12 fish, 13 inches being the biggest. As typical with the overhanging trees lots of hangups so there have to be some innovative ways to retrieve otherwise lost flies. At a later time I will tell about a fly retieval, but not from a tree. David

Sounds like ya'll did pretty good to me! I like to fish on the tellico during the Delayed Harvest period which begins Oct. 1. Permits are not required during this time but a reg. TN trout stamp/lic. is. Hopefully the poachers will keep off the river this year.

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

One thing about it Angler, we didnt't have to battle for a spot with any one. There was no pressure in Mid-September. It's a pretty place and we had a great time, looking forward to going back. David

+ Reply to Thread