A friend has a vintage bamboo unlike any I have ever seen. The first strange thing (to me) is that the rod has no case but instead the sections are held in 4 grooves on a (wooden?) rod that is routed out in 4 lengthwise
grooves which hold the rod sections and extra tip(which is missing) The wooden holder is covered with cloth which is glued to the holder. Thin metal disks are attached to the ends of the holder.
The rod is in poor shape but the bamboo seems to be tight with no lamination separation. The rod is 9 ft with 3 sections. The reel seat appears to be nickle silver with a single sliding ring. Wraps are silk and some guides are missing. The guides are unlike any I have seen. They are in two parts, a ring which is slipped over another part which is wrapped to the rod. The ring is free and would fall off if the other part was not wrapped to the rod. The guides are similar to some hook keepers I have seen. Shooting line would be difficult.
Can anyone identify this rod? Thanks. Oldster Pictures will be sent on an additional post.