Thread: red fur/hair = STREAMERS!

Threaded View

Blog Entries

I have wig/costume type hair that I have used for streamers, it works pretty good. Some of it even has a little flash in it. I bought almost all mine from the dollar store.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    Mr. Alba
    Perhaps would you pls send a pm to bugman on here? I forgot about this thread when I talked to him last night. But he made the comment he was about out of streamer material and needed to try and find some at a dollar store. I betcha he would like to have some.

Not to hi-jack....I hope. I was at Wally World last evening. I saw a lot of fake hair in the halloween department. Chartreuse, orange, black, purple, red, a red-black mixture....not too cheap. But it depends on how you look at it. Consider how much material you get for the dollars spent...compared to what you would get for your dollars buying streamer hair from a fly shop.....One color was $6 and the rest were all $8 per package.
    (why do I have to put a "C" in the word package? Pakistan doesn't have one?)....sorry...simple minds are easily amused....and I am just amusing myself.

I wonder if this stuff in the costume dept at Wal-Mart would make good.....or good enough...streamer material. They are like whole wigs for the head of a young person. Perhaps the dollar stores are stocking up on some of it even cheaper. I got some black stuff from one but haven't tried it out yet. Also got an orange one. But haven't seen anything in a dollar store for a long time. Perhaps they may have some of this stuff since it is halloween time. Just wondering if it is a good way to pick up a bunch of streamer hair......
    Last edited by kelkay; 09-28-2010 at 07:22 PM.