In lieu of some heartbreaking events we have heard of lately here on the forum I wanted to share a true occurrence to hopefully brighten our weekends. It started by myself and a guy about 60 years old talking about guns in a church yard and me showing him my KC, "Ol Blue". The man was a small guy, about 130 pounds. Tall, but very slender. After several moments of gun talk we both entered the church for a revival service. This church is a very old structure, built around 1920 or so and still has the old wooden pews. The man I had spoken with outside sat down between his wife, a very large woman of about 300 pounds and her sister, also a very heavy lady.

The song leader of the church asked us to stand and sing a song from the church hymnals at which time the tall, skinny guy between the two sizeable ladies lets out a blood curdling scream. He did not realize it when he sat down, but he sat right on top of a big crack in the wooden pew that was pulled open by the weight of his wife and sister-in-law on either side of him. When they stood up to sing, yep you got it,... the crack in the pew closed on the poor old skinny man's (you fill in the blank here). The two women thought he was getting excited about the song they were singing and tried to yank him up with them and the screaming escalated to a higher pitch. That crack had a good hold on him. Between screams and deep breaths the man finally got able to tell the two ladies to sit back down and when they did I have never heard anyone shout, "hallelujah" and "praise the Lord" so loud in my life." I know that didn't help that poor ol skinny guy's weekend, but it made me realize how blessed I was not to be sitting where he had been.

Sincerely,

Be safe

Steve