+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CHICKENS, CHUB, AND THE OCCASIONAL BALKAN TROUT - (Bill Hillman) - Sept 20, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default CHICKENS, CHUB, AND THE OCCASIONAL BALKAN TROUT - (Bill Hillman) - Sept 20, 2010

CHICKENS, CHUB, AND THE OCCASIONAL BALKAN TROUT

The upper reaches of Bulgaria?s Arda River are said to contain trout. The water here is cooler than other bodies of water I?d fished in the area, and though only the Klen were visually identifiable, a species upon which I shall elaborate later, I knew from a previous year?s visit that there really are trout here because I caught one of them.

Default A fellow Chubber!

Hey Bill. I am glad to find a fellow chubber from faol.com. I see you have very good observations on it's likes and dislikes. It's true, these fish love the plop sound from flies, and the biggest specimen are usually caught on bumblebee-like flies. There are flies especially designed for chubb angling, that have proven to have an enormous success in these waters. If you like I could send you a picture of the flies, and I'm sure I can even find tying instructions on them. Congrats on you new house!

Thank you, my friend. At this point in time I need all the chub help I can get. Apparently, a little in the trout department, as well!

Bill. Great article, thanks for sharing. It brought to mind of an occasion where I caught a bunch of fish called tench in English and pronounced "Sly" by my German landlord & neighbors. The fish seemed to be quite slimy and ugly but they really chowed down on them. I sampled one and they were very tasty.

Tim

+ Reply to Thread