Brett,

Glad you read my stuff and appreciate the fact that you usually enjoy my articles. However, as a writer I am aware of the quote, "You can please some of the people all of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time." This article was written somewhat "tongue in cheek" and, for effect, it was somewhat over the top. However, some of what I wrote is already in place on some waters, and there certainly are forces at work that would put an end to all sport fishing since they view it as cruel to the fish. I am currently more blessed than many people since right outside my house is the Yellowstone River and within a couple hours drive I can access some of the finest trout water that remains in the United States. I have been blessed to have had the privilege over 50+ years to have fished some of the best trout water from the east coast to the west and all the parts in between, however, I am concerned, not panicked, that due to many factors present in our society, future generations may not be so blessed.

The Chronicler