Fishing Regulations...it ain't over yet!

It's time for a big push from everyone who reads this and agrees that the current Michigan DNRE draft proposal of Gear Restricted Waters is the best proposal available (go to website listed below). The DNRE had done a great job of weighing all options and coming to this conclusion based, in large part, on input from anglers like you. Out-of-state, in-state, let the Fisheries Division know that they are making the right choice with this proposal. The Anglers, Michigan TU, and many other groups have met at the round table and have left happy that this proposal is simply the best compromise out there. Read the proposal. Or I'll break it down for you. Way more Gear Restricted water. 10" Brook. 18" Brown. Way more water open year-round. Wakeley to McMasters. 612 - M-72 (Manistee). Mio. Holy Smokes!

Please send a very brief email to SMITHK@michigan.gov letting Mr. Smith, Chief of Fisheries, know that the current proposal meets your approval. Please send this email as soon as possible. We should have hundreds of emails. Hundreds. One sentence will do: "I support the current MDNRE proposal for gear restricted waters." If you're from out-of-state, say so. Your participation can make this a reality. If you have any questions about this, let me know...

The final gear restriction proposal is here...
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...w_332448_7.pdf

It's that easy!