+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current Michigan DNRE draft proposal of Gear Restricted Waters is the best proposal

Hybrid View

Default Current Michigan DNRE draft proposal of Gear Restricted Waters is the best proposal

Fishing Regulations...it ain't over yet!

It's time for a big push from everyone who reads this and agrees that the current Michigan DNRE draft proposal of Gear Restricted Waters is the best proposal available (go to website listed below). The DNRE had done a great job of weighing all options and coming to this conclusion based, in large part, on input from anglers like you. Out-of-state, in-state, let the Fisheries Division know that they are making the right choice with this proposal. The Anglers, Michigan TU, and many other groups have met at the round table and have left happy that this proposal is simply the best compromise out there. Read the proposal. Or I'll break it down for you. Way more Gear Restricted water. 10" Brook. 18" Brown. Way more water open year-round. Wakeley to McMasters. 612 - M-72 (Manistee). Mio. Holy Smokes!

Please send a very brief email to SMITHK@michigan.gov letting Mr. Smith, Chief of Fisheries, know that the current proposal meets your approval. Please send this email as soon as possible. We should have hundreds of emails. Hundreds. One sentence will do: "I support the current MDNRE proposal for gear restricted waters." If you're from out-of-state, say so. Your participation can make this a reality. If you have any questions about this, let me know...

The final gear restriction proposal is here...
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...w_332448_7.pdf

It's that easy!
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Letter of support sent. Thanks for the heads up.
    "People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" -
    John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo

http://www.tenkaraflyfish.blogspot.com/

Letter of support sent!! Excellent proposed recommendation for gear restricted streams, I also like the newly proposed streams being added "Pigeon River" & “Black River" those are two locations I fish when I head to our cabin. This has been going on for several years in Michigan and they need to add more to the list. I spent 41 years in Michigan until I moved to Tennessee and there is nothing like fishing a stream in northern Michigan, I sure miss it.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

I eceived a reply back from Mr. Smith and this is the reply:

Thanks Keven – I appreciate the input and support. I will add your letter to the public record and make sure the Director and members of the Natural Resources Commission receive a copy of your letter as well

Kelley D. Smith, Ph.D.
    Chief - Fisheries Division
    MI Department of Natural Resources and Environment
    PO Box 30446
    Lansing, Michigan 48909

Office: 517-373-3375
    Fax: 517-373-0381
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

+ Reply to Thread