+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yummy

Hybrid View

Default Yummy

hen o the woods 9-14-10 (2) resized.jpg I also took two smaller ones and left some more.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

two smaller ones? are you saying that is just one mushroom in the photo? if so, wow! what kind and how do you fix them? big fan of morels myself, but they are pretty pricey when they're in season around here and i don't feel confident enough to hunt them myself. would probably end up with something that would kill me.

Oyster mushrooms are just super, usually growing from a recently cut down tree.

I like oyster mushrooms too but that is a Hen of the woods. The book says that they can weigh up to 100 pounds. All four of the fruits I gathered ( I dropped one off at my dad's mushroom hunting buddie's house since he's too old to hike any more and kept the three) were undoubtably from from the same fungus on the roots of a mature oak tree. I've been chopping and sauteing for a couple of hours now and need a break. I chop them up and saute in butter and corn oil mix. I'll pack them in sandwich bags and put those in gallon freezer bags. They will go in soups, stews, stir fries and anything else i can think of.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

Somehow or other the idea of “preserved fungus” strikes me as incongruous.

Normand Guest

yuk! not for me!

+ Reply to Thread