Mr. Castwell said in his article that he couldn't see a single kid not getting to fish because of needing a license. I must respectfully disagree.

I can't tell you how many times I run into parents that have no business be one. In fact that very thing happened today.

I work for a delivery company that delivers large items. I made a delivery to a place that was such a dump that I wouldn't let my dog live there. I had to make a call from their house due to a damage on the product that I was delivering and while I was there the man took a plant sprayer to the back of the house and tended some type of plants that were growing under a large light. (I couldn't see what type of plants they were but I don't have to get hit with a rock to know just what they were) Any guess what I was delivering? It was a baby crib.

This may also run into the "Dad's a dork" article that I think is great, but the truth is, there are so many horrible parents out there it really is a shame. I can tell you that I meet a lot of parents that would never spent a dime to buy their kids a fishing license, or hardly decent clothes and shoes.

In my job I meet at least 5 to 10 people a day in their home invironment and must say that those of us that are killing ourselves to raise our kids to be responsible adults are in the minority.

Yes we need to teach our kids responsibility, and I'm doing as much, but there are a ton of kids out there who aren't getting that from home.

I say let the kids fish for free! They only have one chance to be a kid.