I got this email from Cabela's a few weeks back and have been thinking about it with a bit of anger, but I guess we need people to respond to this if they care about using lead in barbell eyes or heads at all.

I know that for sure I am tired of the Government in things they don't need to be in and spending our money for making things hard on so many guys that make lead heads and such. I don't pour my own heads and buy all I use. Not every angler would want to see their stuff go up in price because they had to buy tungsten for everything. I have experamented with using tungsten beads for heads, but it's a lot higher than lead.

Anyway I would be interested to see what you guys think about this issue.

Skip

Here is the info I got from Cabela's...
I just wanted to say I sure hope everyone is putting in their 2 cents about this issue because if they ban lead it will be very bad for us.

Some of you have seen this I feel sure, but I want everyone to see it. Below I will copy and paste the email from Cabela's.

Keep America Fishing:
http://capwiz.com/keepamericafishing...ertid=16355526

Skip

September 2, 2010

Dear Cabela's Customer:

Occasionally, an issue of such importance arises we feel it necessary to contact our loyal customers. With our fishing rights at stake, this is such an issue.

On August 23, 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was petitioned by the Center for Biological Diversity and others to ban lead from ammunition and fishing tackle, including sinkers, jigs, weighted fly lines and components containing lead, such as brass and ballast in lures, spinners, stick baits and other fishing products.

On August 27, the EPA denied the petition regarding ammunition, but let stand the petition to ban lead in fishing tackle and has opened a short period for taking public comment.

Such a ban would cause prices of fishing products to skyrocket. Alternative metals can cost from six to 15 times more than lead, and most do not perform as well. For many, fishing would no longer be the affordable sport it is now.

Please join Cabela's and Keep America Fishing in opposing this ban by submitting your comments to the EPA no later than September 15, 2010. You can easily do so by clicking here.

It is a fast and easy way to assure your opinion is heard.

Cabela's is working in conjunction with the American Sportfishing Association and Keep America Fishing to protect our tradition and heritage of fishing.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Cabela's