Thread: MAKING OF A SURVIVAL KIT - Readers Cast (Raymond Fairweather) - September 13, 2010

Threaded View

The main thing I like about this article is not so much picking out of your kit what I need to carry as it is that it makes me think... Being from a back ground of alot of outdoor time, I always have in mind some type of survival, no matter what I'm doing, even if its just a day for a picknic up in the park. The basic's for me would be heat food and water. Cold can get to me alot quicker than heat. I could go on but no need. Your write up here will cause alot of folks to think about it, and having a mind to think in a bad situation instead of panic is the first place to start...

PS: I also carry with me one or the other, a buck folding knife that I have had for umpteen years, (that is razor sharp) or a Marine issue Gerber (that was made of course for survival) and is a special gift from my "little" Marine brother...
    Last edited by Grubb; 09-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."