+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RUDENESS - Panfish - September 13, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default RUDENESS - Panfish - September 13, 2010

RUDENESS

I had a chance to get out to a pond that I have not been to for a while. It is near the University and the golf course. I have been told that the fishing has improved a lot in this pond over the last few years. Winter kill a few years ago did a lot to help this pond.

Default Good grief!

Rick, how do you find these people? I guess a better question is how do they find you?

Sorry you have to deal with crap like that. I've had similar things happen over the years, but nothing like that.

Having a confrontation like that would ruin my day. I'm glad it didn't ruin yours, Rick, and I'm also glad you "put the guy in his place". Apparently its what he needed.
    I've only had one confrontation like that, but fortunately the guy kept his distance while verbally abusing me for releasing a big fish I caught that he thought HE should take home.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Wow, the epitomy of rudeness. I can't even imagine that happening, but I know there are such boneheads out there. I still remember the three guys in a driftboat on the Box Canyon of the Henry's Fork that walked their boat right down the middle of the run I was fishing without pause or apology. When I scolded them all I got was rude looks and comments...they are out there to be sure.

kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Rick..... Yer my hero.... The fact that you kept on fishing in spite of the "altercation" speaks loudly of your personna... NOTHING stops the 'Zieger' when he in on the water eh.... waytago...

Frank

Rick I always love your reports and especially this one. Glad to hear you literally "dumped him" well done! I got a giggle out of that.

+ Reply to Thread