Quote Originally Posted by popperfly View Post
flyfishfairwx,
Not trying to satisfy my curiosity at all I am well aware of what happen to Deb Freele and my prayers go out to her for a speedy recovery like I said to her in a PM. I was just asking if anyone had any good encounters with nature or should I say any good laughs!!!! Or any great sightings of Deer, Bear, and Snakes or any animal while walking to their favorite fishing spot.

Here I will give you an example of one of mine just this summer. I was fishing on the duck river close to home and this one spot the current moves pretty good until it comes to where the river opens up and it becomes slower water, great fishing hole. Well I was fishing that hole and I noticed something in the water moving and it was coming at me, it was a snake then I seen more movement in another direction, another snake, well long story short I seen a total of 4 snakes swimming around me at one time. SEE Yaaaaaa!!! You guys can have this section of the river because........I am GONE!!!!!! Call me whatever you want but I don’t mind snakes on dry land but in the water where you can’t see them or what kind they might be.......NO THANKS!!!! This fishing spot is yours.
OK I will buy that, just trying to lighten the mood in light of what happened to Deb.. Should have read that in what you typed.

My personal totals from Nov 01 09 the end of the old season until now..on the rivers..

4 X black bears, 2 X Grizzly, 30 White tail, 100+ Muley , 1 x PO'd Momma Elk. One very sick German Shepherd Dog, 1 x Cougar last winter season, hope to get out more now that Fischer is feeling better, and the winter season is almost on us again..

Now hunting with son for his first Mountain Elk. Hope it works out soon I am too old to be Hiking with Guns, would rather, 6wts.