+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinning Sally Hansen's Hard-as-nails

Hybrid View

Question Thinning Sally Hansen's Hard-as-nails

I use both the black and clear Sally's fingernail polish for various effects on my fly heads and such, but I guess I don't use it quickly enough to keep it "fresh". My polish gets thick and won't penetrate as well after using it for a while, so I've tried thinning it with polish remover. Brands pf polish remover other than Sally's don't work at all and even the Sally's nail polish remover used as a thinner frequently causes milkiness that prevents the polish from going on well.
    Does anyone know how to thin Sally Hansens' hard-as-nails without making it useless?

rodgerole

p.s. I know getting a new supply is the answer, but us old toots on fixed incomes are penny-pinchers.
    Last edited by rodgerole; 09-06-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: clarification

Pretty sure pure acetone will work....it's the active incrediant in the remover but it's probably the other stuff in it that caused the milkiness.

I thined my Sally Hansen with acetone and it works great. I have a tendency sometimes to put too much and get it real watery but it works great. mathcarver

I think if you check you will find fingernail polish remover adds stuff to make the acetone gentler to the hands of the ladies who use it and make it smell better also. And maybe a little water also.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Pure clear acetone without other additives works great for me. I just buy the cheap "house" brand at Walgreens or CVS.

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

just a couple of drops at a time of straight acetone. you may want to get a few bottles and opt for an empty tying cement jar, dump 2 or so bottles in . it will make adding the acetone easier. you can take up the volume of the jar by adding a marble or 2, it will also help with mixing. just like a paint can.
    Last edited by flybugpa; 09-07-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

+ Reply to Thread