Thread: "Beginner's Only Fly Swap" , It Is Almost That Time Again!

Threaded View

Default "Beginner's Only Fly Swap" , It Is Almost That Time Again!

"Beginner's Only Fly Swap" , It Is Almost That Time Again!

October 1st (it is on a Friday this year) I will officially start accepting placement in the 2010-2011 "Beginner's Only Fly Swap! There will be 5 swap over a 6 month period, from November through April.

Only ten positions in the "Beginner's Only Fly Swap" (as Swapmeister I will not occupy a position, but I might dress a pattern for all to use as a model at a future time).

I supply the mailing envelopes, box for shipment of fly patterns, toe-tags to be attach to the spear of the hook on each fly.

All that each member needs to do is dress 12 hooks with their chosen fly pattern, attach the foot tag with their name on it, and pop the flies into the plastic bag, and insert inside the cardboard box I supply, and then insert the box and the return address envelope (with stamp postage attached, No Postage Meter Strips!) inside the mailing enveloped address to me.

Patterns Name and Material List will be email to me as soon as possible. I will be notified by email when the fly pattern for the swap has been determined. I will be notified by email when the monthly fly swap flies are mailed. I will be notified if there is a problem, does not matter what the problem is, I will be notified.

November: Wet Fly (Soft Hackle)
    December: I don't do December Swaps!
    January: Nymph
    February: Dry Fly
    March: Streamer
    April: Terrestrial

No applications accepted before the October 1st starting date for applications.
    I in return will examine each fly submitted for each swap, and be looking for pattern balance, and also uniformity of all 12 dressed hooks. I will print a letter for each fly swap, listing the fly pattern each member chose, a picture of the fly that the member dressed, and the material list for that fly pattern. This Monthly News Letter will be sent as a attachment to each member of the fly swap. If I have time I will also post the same newsletter on the Fly Swap Board of FAOL!

The two extra flies are for emergencies, if a member fails to receive their assortment of fly pattern back at the end of each of the five swaps. All extra fly patterns from the 5 swaps will be divided among all the members of the swap at the end of the 5th swap.

Swapmeister Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 09-04-2010 at 07:06 PM.