Thread: "Beginner's Only Fly Swap" , It Is Almost That Time Again!

Threaded View

Stage 1: Many of the Swapmeister on FAOL's Swap Board where orignally members of my previous "Beginner's Only Fly Swaps.

October 1st is when I will first taking applications. First ten applicant to have their email posting received on my email site parnelli@comcast.net, (I will ask for confirmation by return email) will get the limited seating for the 5 monthly fly swaps. I years past, I had so many apply to be in the "Beginner's Only Fly Swaps" I was swapmeistering 4 groups through 6 monthly fly swaps, with 12 to 14 members in each group. But that was then this is now. Even 10 members, in only one group, doing 5 monthly fly swaps is a lot of work and effort on my part.

Last yearQuivra Kid, did good in the "Beginner's Only Fly Swap", I noticed improvement in his skills as he went through the various swaps. After completing the final swap of Beginner's Only Fly Swap, Quivra Kid, chose to become another of the Swapmeister on FAOL's Fly Swap Board. As swapmeister of these swaps, I am not looking for excellent tied flies, I am looking at proportions, and uniformity of the 12 flies submitted that are fishable. I am fair, I am helpful, I am always there to assist the members. ~Swapmeister Parnelli

I am fair, but I am not easy! I will help any member who has a problem, I will answer all questions, I will push the members to work outside the box that they are in for patterns that they are comfortable with, so by the time the swaps are over and done with, they will be able to dress any fly pattern that they find interesting. At the end of the Beginner's Only Fly Swap they will never again be called a Beginner!

I will save the other emails asking to join, if there comes a time that some member, for whatever reason has to leave the the swap, and I contact those who missed the joining, and offer them a seat as a replacement to complete this years 5 monthly swaps. ~Swapmeister Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 09-16-2010 at 10:01 PM.