Ok Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am FINALLY going to do this (and the crowd roars, lol). I am going to build a 4 piece, 9' 5wt for my wife, and a 6' 2wt for my brother.

I am looking for suggestions on some nice personal touches to each rod. I love the feather inlay idea for hers, so I may toy around with some of the stuff I have, but what else might be something I can do to personalize it. I will write a little message on the blank, but am at a bit of a loss for anything else. I'm sure she will love it no matter what I do, but I'd really like to make it special and unique.

My brother is a former Marine. I really liked the rod that one of you built a few months back for a Marine, so I'm looking at doing something like that for him. I really love the black Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, so I might try to find one small enough to put on the butt of the reel seat. Anything else you guys can think of that would make it special? I might see if I can inlay the red "Semper Fidelis" flag near the grip somewhere, and I'd like to finish it with red and gold wraps.

Any thoughts, suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.

TT.