Wake up Folks!!! This ptetition is not about taking care of the little fish and birds, it's about controlling our lives. As I think back, at one time we caught a trout, cleaned it and cooked it on a camp fire. Then someone said we should not kill the little trout because they lived a stressed life. Then someone said we should not hurt the little trout so we went barbless. Then someone said we should not fish certain areas of the stream because that area was over stressed. Now they say that the lead in our little flies will kill the trout we haven't caught. WHERE DOES IT END? The environmentalist will only be happy when we no longer fish. Cameras only? Oh, then we are stepping on the wild flowers.

I was appalled to see a previous response where one of you picked up 5 LBS of lead on a stream. Well, I want to count every oz of it because I don't believe it for a minute. Then I read some guy said "just get over it". That's the problem with regulations. Too many people just bend over and take it. I for one don't let people who don't have my best interest in mind control my life. As someone else in this thread mentioned, there are more important things the government needs to be tending to before they start checking us for lead in the fly. I for one will fight this tooth and nail. If this is too conservative for you, then kick me off this site. Have a nice day.