What are your favorite shad-imitator flies for white bass/wipers, etc? Pictures are appreciated!

We have gizzard shad in Iowa, which vary greatly in size throughout the growing season. Right now they are running 3"-4.5". The bigger ones are a serious mouthful for most predator fish here, but they will still do what predators do best....EAT!

When there are shad around while I'm fly-fishing, I've had my best success with Clouser Deep Minnows, with Chartreuse over White being a top color combination. I think there's a pattern (Arkansas Shad?) that is similar to a Clouser, and has clipped deer hair to sort of shape a deeper shad-like profile in the head/belly area of the fly. I've tried that and it looks good and catches fish. Some guys like to use white-n-red bunny strip flies, and I've tied up some Diamond Hair shad and EP Fiber minnows that look like shad, but haven't fished them yet.

I've tried Craft Fur minnows, and they have great action in the water, but the profile really compresses...so I think I need to find a way to get a bigger head/belly section on those patterns...maybe by tying some sort of dubbing or chenille "pillow", and then hopefully the Craft Fur will flare out around that better? Anybody tie up anything like this?

I'm always looking for new shad-imitator fly patterns to try. Thanks!