Thread: Dinosaurs in Georgia

Threaded View

Default Dinosaurs in Georgia

Fishing the Hooch the last couple of days has been great. The weather has been excellent, tempature and humidity both down, okay if you're from AZ it still humid. To be surrounded by something approaching 5 million people and see less than a dozen on my little 3/4 mile stretch of river is quite amazing to me. Saturday, there was a guy in a boat who staked out the best hole, but he got there first. Today I think I picked up two trout out of it and had a real nice one get away by hanging the flies on the side of a rock. It's hard to tell from the distance but he may have been the best trout I have ever had on, on the Hooch. Sunday, I tied up my tube and wade out there and caught a nice rainbow that was one of the prettiest I have ever seen anywhere. The coloring was less silver and more gold. I tried to get a photo but only had my cell which was turned off so rather than stress the trout I released it. Besides, I know you all trust me to tell it exactly like it happen.

Then downstream I see this small dinosaur with its head burrowed in the mud. The tail was guessestimated at a foot long. I suspected it might be a female laying eggs. She was easily as large as a wheel cover. In Louisiana that gal would have ended up in somebody's kitchen.

Sunday I landed 9 trout, 3 or 4 on a red and black ant under a BWO dry, Saturday I think it was 7 or 8. When you an get a bunch of rising trout interested in what you have on to the end of your lines it compares very favorably with a good bed of bluegills or shellcrackers. I am not sure which is the most fun, more research is needed.

Trout on Hooch.jpgSnapper on Hooch.jpg
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 08-30-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!