Thread: Phoenix Canal Goofiness

Threaded View

Default Phoenix Canal Goofiness

Unfortunately I dont' live within shoutin' distance of anything spectacular-5 hour drive to Lees Ferry; three hours to the mountains.
    -But! The canal bike trail is across the road from our place in the PHX, and the neighbor said that he was pulling some beasts out of the spot between 35th ave and Castles and Coasters-near the spillway.
    This affords me an opportunity to take the bike out for a warm up, stop at the park and spend 40min hitting the exercise equipment, then trying my hand at the canal.
    Sure enough, caught a nice bass hanging out near a submerged shopping cart. Used a gold cone head wolly bugger made from brown and black striped hen-size 6. Lost two to the debris, and really did see a few of those beasts the neighbor was talking about. Used the telescoping 5' rod since it packs up and fits into the side of the camelback.
    The bike tire hit a thorn and I had to cut the trip a bit short and call the "extraction team" (wife) to pick me up at the park on 35th ave.
    So if youse are in the mood for a different fishin' experience try the canal trail. Go with bigger streamers and target structure and under bridges. I'm off to get some more heavy duty bike tubes now.
    Photo is the box I've been using for the summer urban jungle adventure:
    001 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Daniel J; 08-29-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    It's.....Just....A.....Stick...!!