+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A GOOD DAY FISHING BEATS - Readers Cast (Richard Taylor) - August 30, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default A GOOD DAY FISHING BEATS - Readers Cast (Richard Taylor) - August 30, 2010

A GOOD DAY FISHING BEATS ... WHAT'S THAT AGAIN?

"Hon, I'm heading out to fish at Spring Branch today."

"Okay but I still don?t like the idea of you going there alone. What if something happens?"

Well ... if I?m not back by O'dark thirty just call the Sheriff's office and tell them where I parked the pickup and that I fished upstream no further then the first falls."

Richard:

Who says that fly fishing is for wusses? You had a good day fishing, and you got back home in one piece, still breathing and all parts operating! I miss walking streams as my body has started to fail me, I cannot walk more than 600 feet without my leg muscles start to ache; hip, knee and ankle joints starting to burn!

I love your photos, and I can use them on my computers desktop, so even if I cannot be there physically I can be there in thought as I appreciate the beauty of the area that you go fishing....

Very nice and interesting article, thank you for sharing your day fishing on Spring Branch ~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 08-31-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Hi Richard,

Great article. That's my kind of fishing, sans nettle, of course. In Bulgaria this summer I duplicated that experience on their streams. BG has nettle all over the place, and my legs found it in the most innocent pockets of high grass and clover. I feel your pain, so to speak.

Bill

Sir have you been roaming around my back yard?...lol All of your story, and pics, look and sound like my fishing trips here in VA... I would like to know where that stream is you was on, I know it could be in the middle of no where USA but those waters do look very much like ours here......
    And thank you for the fishin trip..
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Smile

Parnelli - Glad you enjoyed the photos. I usually spend a good part of my time with waterproof Pentax digital camera in hand on fishing trips. Help yourself to the photos and I have many more of the areawhich you're welcome to. Send me a PM with e-mail address and I'll be happy to forward any number of them to you.

Grubb - Astute observation of the surroundings being similar to yours. In fact, they are south on 81 from you to Buchanan and then a few detours and about 25-30 miles and you're there still in Virginny. Unfortunately, haven't fished there in a while cause the last DGIF electro-shocking turned up nary a trout a couple of years ago. They hesitate to assign a cause(s) but I'm of the opinion that it has a lot to do with two legged predators!

Bill-Those nettle stinging places on the legs and one hand continued to plague me for quite some time after that outing. Nothing seemed to eliminate the ouch except time.

+ Reply to Thread